Roblox Curriculum Creator and Instructor (Remote, 20 hours a week)
GAME-U is an all-day/after school/ and weekend STEM program. Our program, created by game industry professionals, teaches kids and adults of all abilities, how to design and build their own video games and robots. We cover all aspects of game development, including programming, level design, animation, art, 3D modeling, and more. Game-U is seeking a Roblox Developer that will be responsible for creating games and tutorials for our group classes and online launcher-based learning.
· Create projects/lessons in Roblox aimed towards students new to Roblox Studio.
· Create projects/lessons in Roblox aimed towards students who are experienced in Roblox Studio and want to dive into advanced coding topics.
· Write lessons that are descriptive and utilize pictures/gifs. Lessons must follow the Game-U format.
· Record tutorial videos of various lengths.
· Take critiques from a reviewer and make edits/fixes in a timely manner.
· Teach a few Roblox Studio Game Development online classes each week.
· Excellent knowledge of Roblox Studio, including experience with the scripting API, asset creation, multiplayer functionality, and UI/UX tools.
· Extensive knowledge of Lua.
· Satisfactory writing skills.
· Experience with 3D math concepts.
· Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies.
· 2+ years of experience with Roblox Studio.
· Work easily over Slack for all communication.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Video editing experience.
· Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot, Scratch, etc.
· Java, C++, HTML, Python, etc.
· Experience writing blog posts, tutorials, or documentation.
· Interest in growing by learning new skills and using other game engines.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour