Game Design Camp
Tired of your child spending countless hours on their phones, tablets, and computers with nothing productive to show for it? With GameU, we go beyond gaming to teach kids real technical skills while doing what they already love—playing games!
Video Game Design
Our virtual Adventurer Game Design camp is recommended for kids 6-8 years old and is perfect for kids who are interested in learning game design basics. We use Scratch, a kid-friendly and web-based game engine developed by MIT, to teach coding, and we also cover topics like logic flow, digital art, sound implementation, and more.
At the end of each 1-week unit, campers will have finished their own game and gained many new skills!
- Recommend a minimum 10 Mbps and 10 Mbps (up/down) internet speed.
- 2 or 3-button mouse with scroll wheel will enhance experience in all camps (Recommended, not required).
- Microphone + Speaker or Headset with Mic and (optional, but preferred) a video camera.
- A minimum of 3 GB free storage on your computer is recommended for most camps. Voyager+ (and Video Editing) level camps require a minimum of 10 GB of free storage space.
- Chromebook, PC (Windows 7, 8, 10, 11) or Mac with at least 8 GB of RAM.
Go Beyond Gaming
Want to try this class with a 1:1 private tutor?LEARN MORE
Recommended Summer Camps
Campers learn to code and program while creating their own apps, games, websites, & more!
2D Summer Camp
Does your child love to draw? Our 2D art camps are perfect for budding animators & designers!
3D Summer Camp
Kids bring their art to life by learning 3D art techniques, animation, 3D modeling, & more!