Pioneer (Ages 10-12)
Students plunge into advanced coding & circuitry as they explore the 7-Step Engineering Process.
7-Step Engineering Process
In this virtual class, students will focus on applying the 7-Step Engineering Process to their robotics projects. Using Arduino, an open-source electronic prototyping platform, students will learn more complex code, create interactive electronic objects, and build circuits.
Each six-month unit will result in two projects. One focused on Arduino code and one on the engineering design process.
In addition to the class, students will be required to get a Robotics Toolkit in order to complete their class projects.
- Recommend a minimum 10 Mbps and 10 Mbps (up/down) internet speed.
- 2 or 3-button mouse with scroll wheel will enhance experience in all classes (Recommended, not required).
- Microphone + Speaker or Headset with Mic and (optional, but preferred) a video camera.
- A minimum of 3 GB free storage on your computer is recommended for most classes. Voyager+ (and Video Editing) level classes require a minimum of 10 GB of free storage space.
- PC (Windows 10, 11, 64-bit versions only) or Mac with Mojave 10.14 or newer. Minimum 8 GB RAM. Requires at least 1 USB port on the computer.
What’s in the Toolkit?!
Wheel Set for LEGO
Standard LEGO Gear & Axle Set
Continuous Servo Set
ELEGOO R3 Kit
Turn your child’s love for playing video games into a passion for creating them!
Students learn to code and program while creating their own apps, games, websites, & more!
Kids discover how to transform their videos with the editing techniques used by the pros!